Sunday 30 December 2012

Canadian Bookplates 2012 Wrap Up

It'll be a few more years before my library looks like this!
As another year of the Canadian bookplates blog draws to a close, I took a bit of time this morning to look back through the 2012 posts as well as my bookplate hobby in general.  Like any pastime, there were ebbs and flows throughout the year as time permitted more or less collecting, cataloguing, and research.  Overall, however, I was very pleased with how things went and have derived a great pleasure so far from this pursuit.

As always, if you have questions about bookplates in your collection, or have something you wish to sell or trade, please do not hesitate to get in touch at the email above.  I'm always keen to hear from other collectors as well as those with a general interest in Canadian book culture, ephemera, ex libris, and library history.

I'd like to thank everyone who has visited the blog this year (we squeaked past 40000 views before year's end) and especially those who took time to leave a comment or two.  If you've enjoyed what you've seen so far, please consider becoming a follower of the site or take a moment or two to click on some of the links posted on the right.  Here you'll find a mix of resources and ads, both of which help support the site over the long term.

Coming in 2013

Thinking of some new year's resolutions, my main plan for 2013 is to simply keep the blog healthy with at least 4 posts a month.  Time permitting, I'd like to add more to the other pages on designers, bibliography, and libraries, but I also invite you to contribute anything you think may be of interest to everyone reading this blog.  Just email me your info and I'll edit and post it.  As for book reviews, the offer still stands if you have a publication you'd like to give wider attention to.

Since there hasn't been very many posts concerning ephemera lately I will also endeavour to include this more often in the coming year.  I actually have a good little collection of book and bookplate related ephemera, documents, correspondence, etc., and my first post of the new year will highlight some interesting correspondence I acquired this fall.

My other two main ex libris projects are 1) the design of my own bookplates, and 2) my ongoing research and writing of a new book on Canadian Ex Libris.  Both are progressing well and I expect to have some results to share in the coming year.

I hope everyone has had a safe holiday and has a Happy New Year.  Best wishes for success in 2013.  Until next year....




No comments:

Post a Comment